Last updated May 2018
We are Audio Trading UK Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Audio Lounge.
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
Audio Trading UK Limited is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
What is personal information?
Personal information refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not refer to anonymous data. Anonymous data is information where any personal identifiers have been removed.
What information do we collect?
- When you purchase from us at www.audiolounge.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
- We may also collect information regarding your visit to www.audiolounge.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- To process your order including delivery, payment and returns.
- To send you special offers and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time.
- Any information we collect about customers’ browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the Audio Lounge website and the products and services offered to our customers.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Why do we contact you?
- If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, invitations and offers which are exclusive to our Contact List. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time – see below for more details.
- When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
- We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
- If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
- We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
- For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company may send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
- If you purchase an item in- store and consent to an electronic receipt this will be sent via email.
What are your rights?
Right of access – You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request via email or in writing.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our online sign up form. It is also possible to sign up for marketing communications instore.
Marketing communications may be sent by either electronically via email or physically through the post.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
All Audio Lounge customers have the choice to refine or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
The bit we cannot control…
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by most browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If enabled, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn’t tracked. Tracking is used for a wide variety of reasons ranging from social or advertising networks measuring effectiveness or third-party analytical services such as Google Analytics to improve customer experience and provide statistical analysis.
138, Wigmore Street